I spent 17 years as a front-line social worker, 7 years as a foster parent for teenage girls, 6 years as a therapist, and countless hours as a teacher and facilitator in the state or Oregon. I’ve been in private practice since 2014. These experiences have only strengthened my compassion and solidified my calling.
Supporting Mental Health and Wellness
As a therapist and social worker, I engage individuals, couples, families and organizations on a courageous journey of self-discovery by helping others to deepen our connection with our inner wisdom, or as we call it in Internal Family Systems, the Self. This part of us is compassionate, calm, courageous, curious, connected and can help ease the pain of being a human on this planet.
Within each of us lies the patience, compassion and tenderness that we are searching for.
When we cultivate a deeper understanding of ourselves, we create a more positive, mindful existence for everyone – where communities are more peaceful and thrive; and everyone shares a safer, gentler space.
Our world is full of goodness, joy, beauty, excitement and opportunities, and it can also be a dark place when we lack a deeper connection – challenging us with difficult times, fear, anger, uncertainty and loss.
Through our work together, we can learn new ways of seeing things, build empathy, and learn nurturing skills to build a better self and a better world.
Although this work can seem intense and overwhelming, through my lighthearted, playful approach we will use humor and honest communication to engage with the more daunting parts of existence on our planet.
Online Therapy Throughout Oregon
I offer telehealth throughout Oregon and am available for private video and phone appointments.
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- State of Oregon 2014
- Masters of Social Work
- Portland State University, 2006
- Bachelor of Arts and Social Work
- University of Montana, 2002
- Advanced Integrative Training Group – Internal Family Systems, Coherence Therapy Models
- Advanced Mindfulness and Interpersonal Neurobiology
- Foundational Trauma Informed Care
- Motivational Interviewing
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Certified to teach Nurturing Parenting
- Certified in Mindset Curriculum, based on the research of Dr. Carol Dweck
- Narrative Therapy
- Social Work Ethics
- Race, Class, Oppression and Trauma with Dr. Joy DeGruy
- Attachment Theory
- Vicarious Trauma
Please see more about my Therapeutic Techniques.