I love working with people and care deeply for all humans. I often use humor, diagrams and story-telling to assist individuals and organizations through the therapeutic process. I am direct and open with clients in a loving and supportive way.
I believe the therapeutic relationship is extremely important in the process of therapy. I use Internal Family Systems, Narrative Therapy, Mindfulness, Person-in-Environment, and a Strengths Perspective to guide my practice.
I spent 15 years as a front-line social worker, six years as a foster parent for teenage girls, five years as a therapist, and countless hours as a teacher and facilitator in the state or Oregon. These experiences have only strengthened my compassion and solidified my calling.
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker
State of Oregon 2014
- Masters of Social Work
Portland State University, 2006
- Bachelor of Arts and Social Work
University of Montana, 2002
- Advanced Integrative Training Group – Internal Family Systems, Coherence Therapy Models
- Advanced Mindfulness and Interpersonal Neurobiology
- Foundational Trauma Informed Care
- Motivational Interviewing
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Certified to teach Nurturing Parenting
- Certified in Mindset Curriculum, based on the research of Dr. Carol Dweck
- Narrative Therapy
- Social Work Ethics
- Race, Class, Oppression and Trauma with Dr. Joy DeGruy
- Attachment Theory
- Vicarious Trauma